ACAPMA COVID-19 Roundup | as at 17:00 10/8/2020
Attached is the latest update on Job keeper, ACAPMA has done a great job in summarising the changes, there phone number is below and they will be more than happy to field calls for New Sunrise members
COVID-19 Roundup | as at 17:00 10/08/2020 (last Roundup 07/08/2020)
Whats New - Changes and Items of Interest
- JobKeeper – adding new staff to Stage 1????
Over the weekend the majority of the questions have come through in terms of JobKeeper have been around the process for adding new staff to JobKeeper Stage 1 in light of the change of Employee Eligibility Test Date. So below is a quick exploration of how this works now, and how it is expected it will work in the coming days.
The change in the Employee Eligibility Test Date has the effect of creating two Employee Eligibility Test Dates; the original date of 1/3/2020 and the secondary date of 1/7/2020. A business will be able to claim the JobKeeper Subsidy if the employee meets all of the eligibility criteria on either the original date of 1/3/2020 or the secondary date of 1/7/2020. If the employee was not eligible on the original date, but is eligible on the secondary date, then the business can claim JobKeeper for them from 3/8/2020, and will be required to ensure that the Wage Condition for STAGE 1 of $1,500 before tax per fortnight as a minimum, is paid to the employee from 3/8/2020.
As at 10/8/2020 16:30, the ATO has not yet released the updated Employee Nomination Form to reflect the secondary date. It is anticipated this will happen soon, In the mean time businesses are advised to collect the same information and provide the same information on eligibility as is located in the form for the original date, prior to adding staff to the program; https://www.ato.gov.au/forms/jobkeeper-payment—employee-nomination-notice/ - this is something that the ATO provides for in the option of Creating your own notice - https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/In-detail/Creating-your-own-employee-nomination-notice/. A sample notice has been provided below in the Q & A section.
See the JobKeeper Stage 1, 2 and 3 article for a short summary of the operation of JobKeeper Stage 1 (31/3/2020-27/9/2020), JobKeeper Stage 2 (28/9/2020-3/1/2021) and JobKeeper Stage 3 (4/1/2021-28/3/2021), a Q&A on JobKeeper that puts these changes into a practical context and a Quick Guide to the changes; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/08/jobkeeper-stage-2-3-everything-you-need-to-know/
Q & A with ACAPMA
Q: I have staff that are now eligible for JobKeeper due to the change in Employee Eligibility Test Date but the ATO Employee Nomination Form has not been updated, is there another alternative?
A: You can use the option to create your own notice to issue employees a notice that is appropriate now, meaning you will not have to wait for the ATO form to be updated. You will not need to reissue the form once the ATO publishes the updated form. Any communication on this should provide details of your business, details of the employee, and the eligibility criterial that the employee is agreeing that they meet. A template has been provided in Word format that is based on the ATO form very closely.
ACAPMA Consolidated COVID-19 Articles and Resources
- For general information on the situation and the implications for employing staff, including new sections on Payments and Leave, and considerations around business downturn see; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/03/hr-highlight-managing-covid19-risk-in-the-workplace/
- For information and resources on Keeping Customers and Staff Safe see the ACAPMA COVIDSafe Plan – Guide and Training; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/05/acapma-covidsafe-plan-and-free-covid-awareness-training-released/
- For practical guidance on achieving Social Distancing in Retail, including guides and posters see; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/03/safe-distancing-in-retail-maximum-vs-practical-limits-and-communications-to-customers/
- For practical guidance on Roadhouses and the exemptions to allow Dine In for Heavy Vehicle Drivers, including guides and posters see; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/04/states-confirm-roadhouse-open-for-dine-in-for-heavy-vehicle-drivers/
- For information on Boarder Closures see; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/03/border-restrictions-what-you-need-to-know/
BUSINESS RELIEF MEASURES
- For information on the raft of support measures available to businesses, including the Job keeper Wage Subsidy see; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/03/wage-subsidy-what-you-need-to-know/
- For the one stop list of all COVID-19 Business Support Measures, including links and information see the ACAPMA COVID-19 Business Assistance Quick Reference Guide.pdf – ACAPMA Members can request a copy of the Guide by emailing email@example.com .
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you answers and fold those answers into these consolidated articles
Follow ACAPMA on LinkedIn, so you get the daily updates - https://au.linkedin.com/company/australasian-convenience-and-petroleum-marketers-association-acapma-
We are edging ever closer to less frequent changes in the COVID-19 space, and that is encouraging. There will come a time when we will not have to send out these updates, but for now the situation is changing so rapidly that these updates are seen as necessary to ensure that Members are updated. If you would like to be removed from the update list please reply to this email and request removal.
Stay safe everyone – long distance hugs and high fives for you all!
Should you require any further information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
<div class="readmore-text" style="display: none; margin-bottom: 12px;">