Steve's update : ACAPMA Daily COVID-19 Roundup | as at 17:00 24/4/2020
Attached is Fridays ACAPMA update,
The lasted update on Job Keeper.
Point 2 of this update is particulate interesting,
- National COVID-19 Coordination Commission calls on businesses to restructure and reconfigure for ‘back to business
This is really positive news, and we need to get ready, we need to understand how Covid19 have changed or influenced the customer experience and with that customers’ expectations.. There have been a lot of research done around the world over the last 12 weeks we will be able to draw on.
Back To Business in 90 days…. Call me optimistic if you will, We are going to work with you to over the next 90 days in a C-Store RETAIL BOOT CAMP……….
In my last update we talked about “setting your store up for success”. We would help you achieve this by providing you with some practical solutions to increase the customer experience, as well as, look to improve operational efficiencies, and take cost out of the retail operation
Boot Camp is about focusing and strengthen the core fundamental of retailing, being relevant to the current consumer needs , and finally delivering a customer experience good enough to share on face book.
Boot camp start of the 4th May, more information will come out on Mondays Update
Keep Safe, Keep positive and Keep Local
Daily COVID-19 Roundup | as at 17:00 24/04/2020 (last Roundup 23/04/2020)
This message has been sent to the Principle for each business as per the ACAPMA Member Register. Please feel free to forward through your business as required.
Scroll to the bottom for todays ANZAC themed fun fact…
Follow ACAPMA on LinkedIn for articles and resources as they are released, so you don’t have to wait until COB to get your information; https://au.linkedin.com/company/australasian-convenience-and-petroleum-marketers-association-acapma-
Whats New - Changes and Items of Interest
- ATO JobKeeper Guides released (and updated)
These Guides provide a clear step by step process for applying for JobKeeper and then ensuring you meet the obligations of the program. There are two guides for business based on whether or not the business is reporting through STP. These guides also include screenshots of the application and reporting process so are well worth the look. Remember if your business is hoping to receive the first round of JobKeeper Payments (due to be paid to businesses first week of May) you will need to ensure your business has applied and been approved, and has made any necessary Top Up payments for the Transitional Period (30/3/2020-26/4/2020). For a copy of the ATO JobKeeper STP Guide see; https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/In-detail/JobKeeper-guide---employers-reporting-through-STP/. For a copy of the ATO JobKeeper NON STP Guide see; https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/In-detail/JobKeeper-guide---employers-not-reporting-through-STP/
- ATO JobKeeper Alternative Test UPDATE
Late yesterday the ATO confirmed, that while it has extensive latitude and discretion in the application of the Alternative Test to assess turnover downturn (for those businesses that were not trading in March 2019), it has not yet published the guides, so businesses in this position remain unsure if they will qualify for the JobKeeper Program. With the 30/4/2020 payment deadline fast approaching businesses who will need the Alternative Test are encouraged to contact the ATO directly urgently.
- ATO JobKeeper borderline service from casual clarified
Late yesterday the ATO confirmed, that the latitude it can apply to Alternative situation does not extend to the Standard Test as it applies to the anniversary dates of casual staff. In those businesses utilising the Standard Test all casual staff must have served more than 12 months in order to be eligible for the JobKeeper Payments.
- JobKeeper Bridging Finance Bank Hotlines
In yesterdays press conference the Treasurer announced that the CBA, NAB, Westpac and ANZ banks agreed to establish dedicated hotlines for customers seeking bridging finance necessary to pay staff ahead of receiving the JobKeeper Payment. Today those dedicated hotlines are active;
- CBA: 13 26 07
- ANZ: 1800 571 123
- NAB: 1800 JOBKEEPER
- Westpac: 1300 783 073
- St George: 1300 730 196
- Bank of Melbourne: 1300 784 873
- Bank of SA: 1300 669 472
- VIC Tenancy Relief Scheme Legislation passes, and dispute resolution measures announced
The Scheme provides; a 6 month ban on commercial tenancy evictions for non payment of rent for small to medium enterprises with an annual turnover under $50 million that have experienced a minimum 30% reduction in turnover due to COVID-19; a freeze on rent increases for 6 months; the option for a negotiated rental payment waiver or deferral; and a mediation service accessed through the Victorian Small Business Commissioner. In addition the Scheme provides land tax relief to landlords that provide rent relief to their tenants (with some conditions). It is hoped that now that the VIC Scheme is up and running the other States will not be far behind. For more information on the VIC Tenancy Relief Scheme see; https://www.vsbc.vic.gov.au/your-rights-and-responsibilities/retail-tenants-and-landlords/. For dispute resolution contact the Victorian Small Business Commissioner via, contact the VSBC on 13 8722 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or lodge an application online.
Q & A with ACAPMA
Miraculously no global questions today, though we do still see more and more questions about how to apply the Transitional Period Backpay for the JobKeeper Payments – it is vital these are paid to staff by 30/4/2020 so if you have questions now is the time to ask them, so you don’t miss the deadline.
ACAPMA Consolidated COVID-19 Articles and Resources (updated daily)
- For general information on the situation and the implications for employing staff, including new sections on Payments and Leave, and considerations around business downturn see; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/03/hr-highlight-managing-covid19-risk-in-the-workplace/
- For information and resources on Keeping Customers and Staff Safe instore from a practical standpoint see; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/03/hr-highlight-covid-19-keeping-customers-and-staff-safe/
- For practical guidance on achieving Social Distancing in Retail, including guides and posters see; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/03/safe-distancing-in-retail-maximum-vs-practical-limits-and-communications-to-customers/
- For practical guidance on Roadhouses and the exemptions to allow Dine In for Heavy Vehicle Drivers, including guides and posters see; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/04/states-confirm-roadhouse-open-for-dine-in-for-heavy-vehicle-drivers/
- For information on Boarder Closures see; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/03/border-restrictions-what-you-need-to-know/
BUSINESS RELIEF MEASURES
- For information on the raft of support measures available to businesses, including the Job keeper Wage Subsidy see; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/03/wage-subsidy-what-you-need-to-know/
- For the one stop list of all COVID-19 Business Support Measures, including links and information see the ACAPMA COVID-19 Business Assistance Quick Reference Guide.pdf – ACAPMA Members can request a copy of the Guide by emailing email@example.com .
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you answers and fold those answers into these consolidated articles
STAY UP TO DATE
Follow ACAPMA on LinkedIn, so you get the daily updates - https://au.linkedin.com/company/australasian-convenience-and-petroleum-marketers-association-acapma-
We look forward to a time when we will not have to send out these daily updates, but for now the situation is changing so rapidly that these updates are seen as necessary to ensure that Members are updated. If you would like to be removed from the update list please reply to this email and request removal.
All this week the fun fact will be ANZAC themed…
The ANZACs were all volunteers …
For those looking for ways to celebrate ANZAC Day in COVID-19 appropriate ways check out;
Stay safe everyone – long distance hugs and high fives for you all!
Should you require any further information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.